ForTheLoveofCrafts
About Me / Cheveries / Salvation / My Handmade / Wearables / Foodies / Outfits / Chictopia / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest RibbonLinksPeach

Friday, March 16, 2012

Featured Artist Friday

we are grateful here in LazyLollipop because we have a wide array of artists that we feature on every post. sometimes i thought i am going to run out of artist--but this time i did not. isn't it great?

today we will be featuring a very talented lady. not only that she makes beautiful cakes, but she also herself is beautiful inside out. i am inviting you to sit down, sip a cup of your tea while biting her delightful creations. yum!

Artist's Profile

katebride
the talented Kate on her wedding day


Hello my name is Kate Peralta-Lahoylahoy. I am 30 years old and live in Quezon City, Philippines. I am a Baker/Cake Decorator. I get inspiration from all things beautiful. When I'm happy, I bake.

Tell us a short story of how you ended up being in your field

I've been baking since I was a kid with my mom. In college, we had a baking project, it was a big hit and so I continued baking again for family and friends. Suddenly, I remembered way back then, we baked cream puffs and out of excitement, my youngest sister helped take them out from the oven. They were so hot that she dropped the whole tray of puffs on the floor. We ended up laughing instead of getting mad because she was so cute. With that, I tried making them by myself when I was around 20 years old. The first try was a failure but I kept on trying and made such yummy cream puffs. I came to a point that I can literally make them with my eyes closed.

In 2009, there was quite a boom with online selling. I gave it a shot and sold over a thousand pieces online in just 4 months and so I used the name, Cream Puffs by Kate. After some time, I tried adding new products like cookie, brownies and eventually, cakes, fondant cakes to be exact.

I found so much joy and fulfillment in making fondant cakes because they never ceased to excite me. There was a burst joy after finishing a 6-hour decorating project. Every cake was unique and was a chance to improve my craft. Most of all, it brings an immeasurable amount of happiness to both me and my client.

What are your plans this 2012 that will affect your field? Why?

I plan on having something new every year to keep me excited. For 2012, I once planned on going full blast on offering my candy bar/dessert buffet but I had to put it on hold. I am now 3 months pregnant with our honeymoon baby, this one I am most excited about. Having a baby will change everything, I can no longer stay up late to bake and decorate. I feel sleepy all the time and when I'm awake, all I wanna do is lay down and touch my belly and talk with my tiny tiny baby. Yes, there are times that I wanna go back to taking 5 cake orders a day but I would quickly go back to remembering, I've been blessed with a baby, I'm going to be a mother, this is the best gift I have been given, I would not trade it for anything else.

Since I have lessened baking, I have been praying to our dear Lord to lead me to where I should be. I think I will be busying myself with pregnancy projects for the mean time. I'll make baby booties, baby blankets, things like that. Who knows, that could be a new craft/hobby/business for mommy me. (:

What advice/s can you give to those aspiring artists out there?

I mean, if you really love what you're doing, don't ever stop. Keep on looking for ways to improve your God-given talent. Another thing is to always share. I find delight in making a hundred cupcakes and donating to a charity event, in staying up late baking for a cake raffle to raise funds for the youth, or simply just to make a birthday cake for someone who hasn't been celebrating because they're struggling financially. I remember that girl, the advice I gave her was the same. Keep on sharing. I shared my cake with you, I hope I inspired you to share your talent (she has a great voice) and give back to the Lord the talent He has given you in the same way that I did for you.

ArtistGallery1

CakeCollage2
via


CakeCollage1
via


CakeCollage3
via


Facebook / Shop


thank you so much Miss Kate for the wonderful insights you gave us about you and your favorite hobby/business. whew! i can't believe just by looking at your creations my sugar would boost up a little. lovely reader, did you feel yours too? well next time you need someone to bake a cake for your wedding, your anniversary, your kid's birthday or any other special day of yours, she won't mind a visit on her shop, support her business and tell her how yummy her treats are.

“Cake is happiness!
If you know the way of the cake, you know the way of happiness!
If you have a cake in front of you,
you should not look any further for joy!”
C. JoyBell



FeaturedArtistBanner


have a sweet Friday, everyone!

Agape
xoxo

postfooter1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...